- not stainless
- Carbon steel
- Total length 18.5 cm
- Cutting length 8 cm
- Weight 130 g
Tailor's shears in master quality - perfect in function and cut
Our tailor's shears are made with extraordinary care: forged from C60 carbon steel, hardened, blades blue-plated and masterfully straightened and assembled.
That is why they are characterized by:
- a high hardness (approx. 59 HRC)
- a firm stand of the screw
- an easy gait
- a uniformly high cutting force over the entire cutting edge right into the tip
- a sensitive cut for thin and thick fabrics
- A long service life
Carbon steel is not rust resistant, but it is considerably more cut resistant than the stainless steel. For this reason, we use it for our scissors so that they can actually be subjected to heavy use in industry.
The length designations for scissors always refer to the total length of the scissors.
Powder coated handles are a real new development for forged scissors and a technical advance over the traditional wet paint finish. The red powder coating with a good grip characterizes the scissors for technical textiles:
- non-slip textured surface
- safe guiding even with oily hands/gloves
- Excellent durability
- High shock resistance
- Improved resistance to heat, sweat and moisture
Please oil the scissors from time to time.